What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia cambogia, also known as the Malabar tamarind, is a tropical fruit native to South Asia and Southeast Asia that aids in weight loss. This is a pumpkin-shaped fruit having a green or pale-yellow colour. Results from the clinical study showed that the garcinia cambogia supplements contain an active compound called hydroxycitric acid (HCA).
HCA present in garcinia cambogia blocks the ability of the body to make fat and also puts brakes on the appetite of a human body. Due to excess weight loss, blood sugar and cholesterol levels are kept in check, too.
How Does It Work?
According to the clinical studies, the active compound found in the peel of garcinia cambogia, known as hydroxycitric acid (HCA), blocks the production of an enzyme called citrate lyase. This specific enzyme is used by the body to make fat. This fruit also increases the level of the brain's chemical serotonin, which is responsible for making one feel less hungry.
What Are Its Health Benefits?
Apart from weight loss, this specific tropical fruit also provides many other benefits. Let's learn what health benefits are to be provided by the best garcinia cambogia.
- Aids in the Weight Loss: Garcinia cambogia is primarily marketed as a supplement aiding in weight loss. It can help an individual with weight loss, as its active compound known as HCA has the ability to curb the appetite. Scientific research has shown that HCA present in this specific fruit makes the body feel full and raises the fat-burning capacity of the body.
It has been scientifically observed that taking a specific garcinia supplement containing approximately 60% of HCA by mouth in three doses per day, half an hour or an hour before the meals for 8 weeks, together with a balanced diet, might improve weight loss.
- Boost Serotonin Levels: Another major benefit that garcinia cambogia offers is that HCA contained in garcinia helps to increase the level of serotonin in the body.
Serotonin is a critical brain signalling molecule and a vital hormone that contributes to regulating mood, anxiety, and depression. Several pieces of scientific research have also shown that serotonin improves the eating habits, sleep patterns, and digestion of the human body.
- Lower Cholesterol Levels: Garcinia not only suppresses the appetite but also stops the body from synthesizing fat. Now that production of fat is reduced to a great extent, the levels of cholesterol and blood triglyceride are also reduced.
- Boost Energy Level: It has been concluded by several scientific studies that individuals who consume garcinia cambogia supplement report having higher energy levels afterward. And it is a known fact that an energized individual tends to burn more calories.
- Anti-diabetes Effects: One of the main health benefits of garcinia cambogia is that it may help to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The reason behind such benefits figured out by the clinical researchers is that garcinia has the ability to reduce inflammation, increase insulin sensitivity, and improve blood sugar levels.
- Improving the Exercise performance: Researchers have found evidence for this specific claim in both animals as well as humans. The benefit of consuming garcinia cambogia varies according to gender. Intake of the chemical compound present in garcinia cambogia, known as hydroxycitric acid (HCA), might increase the timings for which untrained women can perform the exercise.
Using garcinia having HCA might increase the endurance level during the exercise and also stop the individual from feeling tired or exhausted too quickly. However, there are no such results found when it is consumed by men.
Does Diet Matter When Consuming Garcinia Cambogia?
Different researches have shown different results on how an individual's diet affected the garcinia supplement. Some said that it was not effective in individuals consuming a diet having low fat and high carbohydrates. While another study found that it is effective with a high-fat diet. In the end, it can be concluded that there is a relation between a proper diet and effective working of garcinia having HCA.
Amount and Dosage
There is no accurate scientific research used as the parameter to determine the right dosage of garcinia cambogia. Several studies, according to the effects of garcinia cambogia utilize amounts between 900 and 1500 mg of HCA per day. In the studies, it has been shown that people consuming garcinia cambogia ranging between 300 mg of HCA for two weeks and 1,500 mg of HCA for 11 weeks have shown some improvement in weight loss.
In case you are looking forward to using garcinia cambogia, then it is recommended to consume it only for short periods (12 weeks or less).
According to the National and Integrative Health, it is the amount of time that appears safe for most individuals.
However, garcinia supplements are not regulated by FDA. The dosage of garcinia supplements varies from brand to brand. It is better that you recommend your family doctor before you consume these supplements.
Effective Remedy for Weight Loss- Garcinia Cambogia
Have you come across the advertisement of a garcinia cambogia claiming weight loss and thinking if it's true? Then let us tell you that there are some scientific researches that have concluded the positive effects of garcinia cambogia containing appropriate levels of HCA in weight loss. Just buy garcinia cambogia to avail of several health benefits such as weight loss, improving athletic performance, lowering cholesterol and blood sugar levels, regulating mood, anxiety, depression, increasing energy levels, and many more.
Although garcinia cambogia may offer the above-mentioned health benefits to an individual, consuming garcinia in improper dosage can result in some health risks. Therefore, consult your doctor about the amount of garcinia to be consumed, have a proper diet, and get rid of those extra kilos within a few days.