Want to tap into your peak performances and expect your body to age like a fine wine? Understand what can be its source of vitality in the long run. Omega-3 supplementation has grown popular in the last couple of years, and for all great reasons. While it is widely known for its skin health benefits, BBETTER Omega 3 does a lot more for you. It might be a little challenging to understand how it works in your body and with what benefits, but let’s try to break them down shall we? After all, once you understand the intention behind Omega-3 supplementation, you know what to expect and allow your body to flourish in every way possible.
Where to begin with Omega-3?
- EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) are the Omega-3 fatty acids derived from fish oil.
- Their benefits range from helping with autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular diseases to promoting a healthy pregnancy.
- BBETTER Omega-3 is formulated with 180mg EPA & 120mg DHA fatty acids, that the human body cannot produce on its own.
The best sources of Omega 3
- Chia seeds
- Flaxseed oil
- Fish Oil
- Cod liver oil
Although, there are both vegetarian and non-vegetarian sources of Omega-3 fatty acids. Non-vegetarian sources are considered to be the richest ones.
This is the reason that many Indians who are vegetarians might lack Omega 3 fatty acids. Hence, supplementation becomes necessary.
Omega 3 for Inflammation
- Inflammation is how “dis-ease” gets initiated and leads to chronic illnesses. It occurs when your body activates the immune system in the process of fighting against harmful substances.
- What's the best way to lead a healthy life like you were supposed to?
Do everything in your power to avoid inflammation and anything that causes it, as often as possible.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are highly anti-inflammatory. Omega-3 can be consumed through vegetarian sources like walnuts & olive, but they are only 15% as effective as those extracted from fish.
Omega 3 for Dry eyes.
- BBETTER Omega-3 can help improve your eye’s oil film.
- This improves the dry eye symptoms and brings down the need for artificial tears.
- Scientists suggest that it might take around 6-12 weeks of regular Omega-3 consumption for the dry eye issue to be addressed.
Omega 3 for anxiety
- Researchers show that individuals who took high doses of Omega-3s (up to 2000mg a day), seemed to have the most reduction in the symptoms of anxiety.
- A study showed that Omega-3 supplements helped reduce anxiety in medical students during exams.
- BBETTER Omega-3 regular supplementation will help you manage stress and anxiety in the long run.
Omega 3 for heart health
- BBETTER Omega 3 helps reduce the triglyceride (a type of fat in your blood) levels that lead to a reduction in the risk for heart events.
- They help reduce the buildup of plaque, a substance that hardens and could block your arteries.
- They reduce your risk of developing Arrhythmias ( an irregular heartbeat).
Omega 3 for Skin health
- BBETTER Omega-3 can be your skin health game-changer, as it proves to be highly nourishing for your skin.
- They help you reduce your skin’s sensitivity and severity of skin redness caused by UV exposure.
- They regulate your skin’s oil production and make sure you have that hydrated natural glow.
Omega 3 for age-related cognitive decline
- BBETTER Omega-3 helps protect your brain against age-related cognitive decline, because what’s a better anti-aging result than a high cognitive functioning brain?
- They are the new age brain-food replacing your “OG morning almonds routine” as they help sharpen your memory instead of allowing it to decline with age.
- Your brain uses Omega-3 to build brain and nerve cells that are essential for learning and memory. They might also help improve certain symptoms of brain fog.
Your body requires both Omega-6 as well as Omega-3. Although, ideally you should be consuming no more than four times as many Omega-6s as Omega-3s. Most people today consume an average of twenty to fifty times more Omega 6s than Omega-3s. This is a highly underreported source of accelerated aging.
Balancing your Omega-6s & Omega-3s can be highly effective on your metabolism. Now, imagine trying to balance your consumption all by yourself. Just how do you see it anywhere near easy to approach a balanced Omega-3 consumption? This is where supplementation comes into the picture to make your life easier and body healthier
BBETTER only makes supplements you can safely recommend to your family and friends.
Not to brag, but over the last few months, we have seen the gradual network of families and friends build up with healthy recommendations, all because we were able to gain their trust just like yours.
We hope to stay your constant source of health and vitality.
- Calder PC. Marine omega-3 fatty acids and inflammatory processes: Effects, mechanisms and clinical relevance. Biochim Biophys Acta. (2015)
- Yaqoob P, Shaikh SR. The nutritional and clinical significance of lipid rafts. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. (2010)
- Simopoulos AP. Omega-3 fatty acids in inflammation and autoimmune diseases. J Am Coll Nutr. (2002)
- Parker HM, et al. Omega-3 supplementation and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Hepatol. (2012)
- Ramakrishnan U, et al. Effects of docosahexaenoic acid supplementation during pregnancy on gestational age and size at birth: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in Mexico. Food Nutr Bull. (2010)
- Rizos EC, Elisaf MS. Does Supplementation with Omega-3 PUFAs Add to the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease?. Curr Cardiol Rep. (2017)